How to split a line stitch

5 days 10 hours ago
Grapevine
More
Topic Author
How to split a line stitch #1001
Hi, I cant figure out how to split a line. Any help would be much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 days 9 hours ago
Kim
Hatch Team
Hatch Team
More
How to split a line stitch #1002
Hello,
Click on the line you want to split to select it
Click on the Knife tool (available in Composer and Digitizer levels)
The line will turn bright pink

Now click on each side of the line and press the "enter key"

The line will now be selected. Click off the line to deselect > then click on one part and you'll see it selected.

NOTE: if you need to release the knife from your mouse (e.g. you want to start over) you may need to press your ESC key on your keyboard
Attachments:

5 days 8 hours ago
Grapevine
More
Topic Author
How to split a line stitch #1003
Thank you so so much for responding. What you showed me makes complete sense. So why isn't this working for me? I highlight the line, click on the knife, but as I do that the line is no longer pink. I am still able to click on either side of the line but I am never able to "deselect" so a new line forms where ever I click the mouse. (see pics)

I have a good bit of digitizing experience and feel like I am missing something really obvious! I am on a trial so this specific software is new to me. My other software had a button called "split line". Thanks for any other ideas you may have! And my apologies for posting in the wrong forum. I see this is about tips and sharing...not questions.
Attachments:

5 days 2 hours ago
Kim
Hatch Team
Hatch Team
More
How to split a line stitch #1006
Hello,
Dfferent computers and resolutions will appear different sometimes. Click the ESC key on your keyboard 2x to make sure you have released the mouse to the line.
In fact, anytime I click the ESC key, I automatically click it two times. I've learned some take one click and some take two clicks. So over the years I've just trained myself to do two clicks. :)

Time to create page: 4.277 seconds
© 2020 Hatch. All Rights Reserved. Designed By Wilcom